This Guinea Pig Home is a new design with integrated base, drop-down front door, and optional mesh roof, and just meets the minimum size required for a pair of guinea pigs. It comes with a clear polycarbonate hinged front door, which provides full access to your pets, and makes for easier cleaning.
The front door position is raised above floor level, allowing up to 8cm of substrate without falling out when the door is opened.
A roof is advisable if you have small children, and essential where there are other pets such as cats or dogs in your household.
The Pet Home requires some simple self-assembly with full instructions provided. It comes with a small 250ml tin of pet-safe clear matte water-based wood sealer is included to seal the base floor of your pet home, making it resistant to urine and stains. We also sell an appropriate wood sealer paint brush if you need one.
To securely attach a water bottle to the timber walls, we recommend our Bottle Fixings pack. (see photo)
Please note that accessories are not included, but can be added to your order separately.
This Pet Home also comes with optional Legs which are bolted to the side panels raising it off the ground by 45cm – it’s a good kneeling height for an adult, or eye level height for small children. The raised height is useful if you have other pets in the house such as cats or dogs, and the handy space underneath allows you to store your pet’s bits and pieces. (Please note the addition of legs adds 4cm to the total length of this pet home.)
To add Castor Wheels to the Pet Home or the Stand Legs, click on the Customisation link: Add Castor Wheels
PLEASE NOTE THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR OTHER CUSTOMISATIONS.
- Made from 20mm kiln-dried solid timber frame, 18mm timber panelling; 13x13mm (1/2″x1/2″) galvanised zinc wire mesh roof, and perspex front panel.
- Plywood base supplied untreated, with a 250ml pot of pet-safe, clear matt wood sealer included. Two coats will need to be applied prior to use.
- Polycarbonate front door panel mounted on specialist hinges so the door can be removed.
- Optional Stand Legs bolted onto side panels using special double-ended bolts.
- Optional Roof hinged at back and opens upwards, with roof support.
- Some simple self-assembly required (supplied with full instructions)
- External Dimensions without Legs: Length 120cm, Width 60cm, Height 42cm
- External Dimensions with Legs: Length 124cm, Width 60cm, Height 87cm
- Internal Dimensions: Length 116cm, Width 56cm, Height 38cm