This beautifully made indoor guinea pig cage provides the minimum space for 2 guinea pigs, as recommended by the RSPCA, to run, play, dig and burrow and is significantly larger than most plastic cages you will find on the market.
The hutch is made in a C&C style, with a solid timber back and side panels, optional mesh or perspex front, and plywood floor. Please note the back panel is now also made of wood.
The base can hold a deep layer of substrate providing comfort for your pet, and is removable, making it easy to clean.
A small 250ml tin of pet-safe clear matte water-based wood sealer is included to seal the base floor of your pet home, making it resistant to urine and stains. We also sell an appropriate wood sealer paint brush if you need one.
This Pet Home comes without a roof, but if you have young children in your household, or other pets such as cats and dogs, then a roof will be essential. See our 120x60cm Guinea Pig Home with Roof option.
To securely attach a water bottle to the timber walls, we recommend our Bottle Fixings pack (see photo). This will prevent the mesh from getting bent when removing the bottle.
Please note the Little Houses and other accessories are not included but can be added to your order separately.
To customise your guinea pig hutch with any of our standard customisations including perspex side panels, castor wheels, or front/side access ramps, please visit the link below.
- Made from 20mm solid timber frame, 18mm timber back and side panels.
- Option for 13 x 13mm galvanised zinc wire mesh front, or clear polycarbonate (perspex) front.
- Plywood base supplied untreated, with a 250ml pot of pet-safe, clear matt wood sealer included. Two coats will need to be applied prior to use.
- Top frame lifts off the Base for easier cleaning.
- Some simple self-assembly required (screws and assembly instructions supplied).
- External dimensions: Length 120cm, Width 60cm, Height 40cm
- Internal dimensions: Length 116cm, Width 56cm, Height 38cm, Internal Base depth 8cm