This is an updated model of our beautifully made 90x60cm Hamster Mouse & Gerbil Home which provides a much larger than average space for your hamster, mouse or gerbils to run, play, dig and burrow. The main advantage of this model is the hinged front door, which combined with the top opening roof, provides full access to your pet, and makes for easier cleaning.
The front door position is raised above floor level allowing up to 8cm of substrate without falling out when the door is opened, and there is enough height to accommodate a 12″ (30cm) wheel. However, if you want to provide a much deeper substrate for your hamster, mice or gerbils to burrow in, we recommend our full-height perspex front pet home which you can find here.
A small 250ml tin of pet-safe clear matte water-based wood sealer is included to seal the base floor of your pet home, making it resistant to urine and stains. We also sell an appropriate wood sealer paint brush if you need one.
To securely attach a water bottle to the timber walls, we recommend our Bottle Fixings pack. (see photo)
Please note that accessories are not included, but can be added to your order separately. The photos shown here illustrate a setup for two dwarf hamsters, with two corner houses, two small bottles, a Trixie 21cm size wheel, and a 20cm disc wheel.
This Pet Home also comes with optional Legs which are bolted to the side panels raising it off the ground by 45cm – it’s a good kneeling height for an adult, or eye level height for small children. The raised height is useful if you have other pets in the house such as cats or dogs, and the handy space underneath allows you to store your pet’s bits and pieces. (Please note the addition of legs adds 4cm to the total length of this pet home – see Dimensions below.)
To add Castor Wheels to the Pet Home or the Stand Legs, click on the Customisation link: Add Castor Wheels
PLEASE NOTE THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANY OTHER CUSTOMISATION.
- Made from 20mm kiln-dried solid timber frame, 18mm timber panelling; 13x13mm (1/2″x1/2″) galvanised zinc wire mesh roof, and perspex front panel.
- Plywood base supplied untreated, with a 250ml pot of pet-safe, clear matt wood sealer included. Two coats will need to be applied prior to use.
- Polycarbonate front door panel mounted on specialist hinges so the door can be removed.
- Optional Stand Legs bolted onto side panels using special double-ended bolts.
- Whole roof opens upwards, with roof support.
- Some simple self-assembly required (supplied with instructions)
- External Dimensions without Legs: Length 90cm, Width 60cm, Height 42cm
- External Dimensions with Legs: Length 94cm, Width 60cm, Height 87cm
- Internal Dimensions: Length 86cm, Width 56cm, Height 38cm