Please read the Terms and Conditions before placing an order. By accepting the T&Cs, you are confirming you have read and understood the conditions of sale.
www.hamster-homes.com is a website owned by The Little Pet Company (Scotland) Ltd. We are a small independent business based in Scotland. Our registered company details are as follows:-
The Little Pet Company (Scotland) Ltd
Company Registration Number: SC561350
VAT Registration Number: 376 2553 76
We ship to the UK Mainland only at this present time.
Any orders received from destinations outside the UK Mainland without prior agreement will be cancelled by us, and refunded back to the customer with an admin charge of 5% of the total order value deducted from the refund amount.
How to Place an Order
Please note we can only accept orders received via our website, as we don’t have facilities to take payment over the phone. To place an order, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Select which items you wish to purchase by adding them to your Shopping Cart.
- The Cart will display our current lead time for Pet Homes, so please make note prior to ordering. Once you are happy with the contents of your Cart, select the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Enter your Customer details including your Name, Email Address, Billing and Shipping Address (if different) and Mobile Number. Please also add any specific delivery instructions in the Notes.
- Select whether you wish to pay using Paypal, or by directly entering your credit or debit card details, including the long number, expiry date and 3 digit CVC code. (Please note we do not store credit card details on our website.)
- Tick the box to confirm you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions, and press the Place Order button.
- Once payment has been made, you should receive an Order Confirmation email. Normally this takes just a couple of minutes, however, if you do not receive an email within 1 hour, check your Spam folder, and if not there, please email email@example.com to check your order has gone through successfully.
Lead Times and Delivery Pricing
The lead time for production and delivery of our products varies according to the time of year and how many orders we receive in a given period. The current lead time is specified on the Cart and Checkout pages prior to purchase.
Delivery charges depend on the size and weight of the parcel, and are specified at the time of purchase.
UK Mainland delivery pricing can be found on our Delivery Info page.
We will inform you about 2-3 days before your order is ready for dispatch to confirm delivery details. Pet Homes & Stands will require a signature on delivery, so someone will need to be present at the delivery address on the expected delivery date. Please add a Note to the Order to specify delivery instructions such as leave with a neighbour, or in a nominated safe and secure place.
Order Cancellation (prior to dispatch)
Accessory only orders may be cancelled as long as we have not already dispatched the order. Once dispatched, the order will be subject to our Returns policy – see below.
Made-to-order items including Pet Homes, Stands, and Replacement Parts may be cancelled by the customer within a limited time period, subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- If the order is cancelled within 7 days of the order date, a cancellation fee will be charged at 5% of the Total Order Value.
- If the order is cancelled within 14 days of the order date, and/or a previous order has also been cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged at 10% of the Total Order Value.
- After 14 days, the Order can no longer be cancelled. Please note that although we might not have completed your order within this period, it will have been processed into our work plans, we will have ordered in all the materials, and we will have started the manufacture of your pet home.
Returns Policy (following dispatch)
Made-to-order Items – Once made-to-order Pet Homes, Stands and Replacement Parts have been dispatched, we do not accept returns.
Accessories (excluding made-to-order items) – Small accessories may be returned at your own expense up to 14 days after the date of receipt, but please notify us of the items you will be returning before you do so. Goods must be received within original packaging and in a fully re-sellable condition to be eligible for refund, otherwise we will deduct from the refunded amount to cover any damage. Please note where delivery has been offered FREE OF CHARGE, we will also deduct delivery costs at cost value from the total amount refunded.
Faulty, Missing or Damaged Goods
We try our best to ensure your order is received in perfect condition, but where there are missing parts, a fault, or damages have occurred, please notify us by email within 3 days of receipt, enclosing photographic evidence of the issue. We will gladly offer replacement parts.
Any further issues must be notified to us by email, enclosing photographic evidence, within 14 days of receiving your order.
Delivery Charges on Additional Orders
If you wish to add any additional items to an order that has not yet been processed, please contact us in advance of placing a second order, as we are unable to refund subsequent delivery charges once an order has been placed.
All our Pet Homes will be supplied with a Care Instruction sheet to help prolong the life of your pet home.
We cannot accept any liability for issues arising as a result of the Instructions provided not being followed correctly.
Our Right to Cancel
We reserve the right to cancel orders at our own discretion. This includes the following:-
- where orders have been placed from delivery destinations outside the UK.
- where a customer has provided incorrect contact details, and we are unable to contact them to arrange delivery.
- where a customer has been contacted regarding delivery using the information provided on their order, but we have not received any reply. In this instance, we will hold the order for a maximum of 3 months from the order date, after which the order will be cancelled and non-refundable.
Refunds will be made according to the Cancellation Policy stated above.
Changes to these Terms
Please note these terms and conditions can be changed at any time.