Please read the Terms and Conditions before placing an order. By accepting the T&Cs, you are confirming you have read and understood the conditions of sale.
www.hamster-homes.com is a website owned by The Little Pet Company (Scotland) Ltd. We are a small independent business based in Scotland. Our registered company details are as follows:-
The Little Pet Company (Scotland) Ltd
Company Registration Number: SC561350
VAT Registration Number: 376 2553 76
We ship to the UK Mainland only at this present time.
Any orders received from destinations outside the UK Mainland without prior agreement will be cancelled by us, and refunded back to the customer with an admin charge of 5% of the total order value deducted from the refund amount.
How to Place an Order
Please note we can only accept orders received via our website, as we don’t have facilities to take payment over the phone. To place an order, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Select which items you wish to purchase by adding them to your Shopping Cart.
- The Cart will display our current lead time for Pet Homes, so please make note prior to ordering. Once you are happy with the contents of your Cart, select the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Enter your Customer details including your Name, Email Address, Billing and Shipping Address (if different) and Mobile Number. Please also add any specific delivery instructions in the Notes.
- Select whether you wish to pay using Paypal, or by directly entering your credit or debit card details, including the long number, expiry date and 3 digit CVC code. (Please note we do not store credit card details on our website.)
- Tick the box to confirm you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions, and press the Place Order button.
- Once payment has been made, you should receive an Order Confirmation email. Normally this takes just a couple of minutes, however, if you do not receive an email within 1 hour, check your Spam folder, and if not there, please email email@example.com to check your order has gone through successfully.
Lead Times and Delivery Pricing
Pet Homes, Stands, and Replacement Parts are made to order, and as such there is a lead time for making your goods. The current lead time (which can vary throughout the year) is specified on our Delivery Information page, and at Cart and Checkout.
Delivery charges depend on the size and weight of the parcel, and are specified at the time of purchase.
UK Mainland delivery pricing can be found on our Delivery Info page.
Pet Home Deliveries
We use various delivery partners, depending on the size and weight of your parcel.
For Pet Home sales, we will get in touch approx 2-3 days before your order is ready for dispatch to confirm the courier and due delivery date. We don’t dispatch Pet Home orders until customers confirm they are happy with the arrangements.
Pet Homes & Stands require a signature on delivery, so someone will need to be present at the delivery address, and/or instructions specified to leave in a safe place, or with a neighbour as appropriate. Where customers have specified a “safe place”, parcels will be left at the customer’s own risk. Neither we, nor our delivery partners, can take responsibility for any loss or damage to parcels where they have been left in an unsecure place.
Due to our rural location in Scotland, and the large and heavy nature of our parcels, delivery services cannnot be guaranteed for delivery on the expected delivery date, although they work to schedule around 95% of the time.
We advise customers not to make arrangements to collect pets before your pet home as arrived, as we cannot be held responsible for deliveries failing to arrive on the scheduled date, due to circumstances beyond our control.
Order Cancellation (prior to dispatch)
Accessory only orders may be cancelled as long as we have not already dispatched the order. Once dispatched, the order will be subject to our Returns policy – see below.
Made-to-order items including Pet Homes, Stands, and Replacement Parts may be cancelled by the customer within a limited time period, subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- If the order is cancelled within 7 days of the order date, a cancellation fee will be charged at 5% of the Total Order Value.
- If the order is cancelled within 14 days of the order date, and/or a previous order has also been cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged at 10% of the Total Order Value.
- After 14 days, the Order can no longer be cancelled. Please note that although we might not have completed your order within this period, it will have been processed into our work plans, we will have ordered in all the materials, and we will have started the manufacture of your pet home.
Returns Policy (following dispatch)
Made-to-order Items – Made-to-order and Custom-made Pet Homes, Stands and Replacement Parts are non-returnable.
Accessories (excluding made-to-order items) – Small accessories may be returned at your own expense up to 14 days after the date of receipt, but please notify us of the items you will be returning before you do so. Goods must be received within original packaging and in a fully re-sellable condition to be eligible for refund, otherwise we will deduct the cost of any damage from the amount refunded. Please note where delivery has been offered FREE OF CHARGE, we will also deduct delivery costs at cost value.
Faulty, Missing or Damaged Goods
We try our best to ensure your order is received in perfect condition, but where there are missing parts, or a fault or damages have occurred, please notify us by email within 3 days of receipt, enclosing photographic evidence of the issue. We will replace any parts found to be damaged or defective.
Any further issues must be notified to us by email, enclosing photographic evidence, within 14 days of receiving your order.
- We use top-quality joinery-grade timber. Unlike “engineered wood” typically used in the mass production of furniture, the wood we use is subject to far fewer manufacturing processes, and hence variations in colour, knots, hairline splits and slight bends are to be expected. Any tiny discrepancies in the handcrafted nature of our products should not be viewed as a “defect”, but as something that gives each product a unique character.
- Wood is a natural material which responds to temperature and humidity variations by expanding and contracting. The conditions of your home can lead to minor bending, warping or small cracks appearing as the wood adjusts to different temperatures. We cannot be held accountable for changes that occur as a result of this natural process.
- All our Pet Homes are supplied with a Care Instruction sheet to help prolong the life of your pet home. We cannot accept liability for issues arising as a result of the Instructions provided not being followed correctly, or for any damage to your Pet Home caused by your pets.
- Our Pet Home products are built using untreated timber for indoor use only. We cannot accept liability for damage caused as a result of our products being used outside the home.
Our Right to Cancel
We reserve the right to cancel orders at our own discretion. This includes the following:-
a) where orders have been placed from delivery destinations outside mainland UK, and/or a freight forwarding address has been used.
b) where we believe orders and associated payment transactions to be fraudulent.
c) where a customer has provided incorrect contact details, and we are unable to arrange delivery.
d) where a customer has been contacted regarding delivery using the information provided on their order, but we have not received a reply. In this instance, we will hold the order for a maximum of 6 weeks from the order date, after which the order will be cancelled.
e) where an order has been sent out, but is returned to as as “address unknown” or “delivery refused”.
f) where we do not wish to enter into a customer/supplier arrangement.
Cancellation of orders under conditions a), b) and f) will incur a 5% cancellation charge deducted from the total amount refunded.
Cancellation of accessory only orders under condition e) will incur a 5% cancellation charge and our delivery costs being subtracted from the total amount refunded.
Cancellation of Pet Home orders or any other made-to-order goods under conditions c), d) and e) will be non-refundable.
Changes to these Terms
Please note these terms and conditions can be changed at any time.