Please read the Terms and Conditions before placing an order. By accepting the T&Cs, you are confirming you have read and understood the conditions of sale.
www.hamster-homes.com is a website owned by The Little Pet Company (Scotland) Ltd (previously known as Nutty Nature Ltd). We are a small independent business based in Scotland (registration number SC561350). Our registered address is:-
The Little Pet Company (Scotland) Ltd
We ship to the UK Mainland only at this present time. Any orders received from destinations outside the UK will be cancelled by us, and refunded – an admin charge of 5% of the total order value.
How to Place an Order
Please note we can only accept orders received via our website, as we don’t have facilities to take payment over the phone. To place an order, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Select which items you wish to purchase by adding them to your Shopping Cart.
- The Cart will display our current lead time for Pet Homes, so please make note prior to ordering. Once you are happy with the contents of your Cart, select the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Enter your Customer details including your Name, Email Address, Billing and Shipping Address (if different) and Mobile Number. Please also add any specific delivery instructions in the Notes.
- Enter your credit or debit card details, including the long number, expiry date and 3 digit CVC code.
- Tick the box to confirm you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions, and press the Place Order button.
- Once payment has been made, you should receive an Order Confirmation email. Normally this takes just a couple of minutes, however, if you do not receive an email within 1 hour, check your Spam folder, and if not there, please email email@example.com to check your order has gone through successfully.
Lead Times and Delivery
Currently, we are only able to take orders for delivery within the UK (including the Scottish Highlands & Northern Ireland) and the Republic of Ireland.
Delivery charges are specified at the time of purchase.
The lead time for production and delivery of our products varies according to the time of year and how many orders we receive in a given period. The current lead time is specified on the Cart prior to purchase.
We will inform you about a week before your order is due to be dispatched to confirm delivery details. Pet Homes & Stands will require a signature on delivery, so please ensure someone will be present at the delivery address on the expected delivery date. Please inform us if you wish to specify delivery instructions such as leave with a neighbour, or in a safe and secure place.
Order Cancellation for Standard Products
Orders for standard products may be cancelled within 14 days of the Order Date, subject to an cancellation fee of 5% of the Total Order Value, or the sum of £5.00, which ever is greater, to cover payment processing fees and admin costs. After 14 days, you may still cancel your order, but the cancellation charge will rise to 25% of the Total Order Value to cover the cost of timber and other supplies purchased by us to manufacture your goods.
Order Cancellation for Customised Products
Orders for customised products may be cancelled within 14 days after the Order Date, subject to a minimum administration charge of 5% of the order value + the customisation fee of £25 to cover payment processing and admin costs. After 14 days, order cancellation will be charged on a pro rata basis in relation to the amount of materials purchased and work completed, and will be subject to a minimum of 25% of the Total Order Value.
To cancel your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order reference number, and the reason for cancellation.
Made-to-order Items – We regret that once made-to-order Pet Homes and Stands have been dispatched, we are unable to cancel orders or accept returns.
Made-to-order items may be cancelled prior to dispatch, subject to our Cancellation Policy (see above).
Accessories – You may return small accessories at your own expense up to 14 days after the date of receipt, but please let us know you will be returning the items before you do so. Goods must be received within original packaging and in a fully re-sellable condition to be eligible for refund. The item(s) value will be refunded minus the original delivery charge, and a 5% administration fee.
Faulty or Damaged Goods
We try our best to ensure your order is received in perfect condition, but where damages have occurred, please notify us by email within 3 days of receipt, enclosing photographic evidence of the damage incurred. We will gladly offer you replacement parts.
Our Right to Cancel
We reserve the right to cancel orders that do not fulfill our Terms & Conditions. In these cases, we will refund the buyer the order value – an admin charge, calculated as the greater of 7.5% of the order value, or £5.00. This includes the following:-
- where orders have been placed from delivery destinations outside the UK.
- where any part of a delivery address and/or contact number is incorrect or does not exist.
Changes to these Terms
Please note these terms and conditions can be changed at any time.